CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ketosis

First, a disclaimer; I haven't been home all day so I doing this for the first time from my iphone. Please forgive any spelling or grammar errors.

I mentioned ketosis in a prior post and some people asked me what it was so I thought I would write about it today.

Ketosis is the wonderful thing that low carbers seek.

Our bodies are designed to burn fuel. Most of the fuel we burn comes in the form of carbs we eat.

When you stop consuming enough carbohydrates to fuel your body, your body still needs fuel so it looks for fuel elsewhere and starts to burn from stored fat.

This is ketosis.

A remarkable thing happens when you are in this state, for some reason you stop being hungry so you eat less. So, you consume less and burn from what you have in storage.

0 comments: