CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

My new addiction: Davinci Syrups

On many of the low carb forums I use people often say how much they love Davinci syrup.

I wasn't sure what the big deal was so I decided to buy some myself.

My first experiment:
I made some cookies the other day (using nut flours of course) with the gingerbread syrup.

While I didn't end up liking the cookies I could tell that syrup added a great flavor.

I didn't like them because the recipe called for brown sugar twin and I just can't handle the taste of that artificial sweetener.

I actually spent most of the day trying everything (food, mints, brushing teeth etc) to get that fake taste of saccharine off of my tongue to no avail. 

I have been following the advice of many others in forums and adding the syrup to beverages.

Tonight was raspberry flavor added to Hansen's diet root beer. This added a great flavor.

I have also made Italian soda with diet rite white grape soda and some huckleberry syrup and a splash of heavy whipping cream. Unbelievably fantastic.

Because these are sweetened with sucralose in liquid form, there are 0 carbs so this is just free flavor.

I bought them at cash and carry for about 3.50 each. You can also get then in grocery stores or online. I heat netritution is a great place to buy them. (http://www.netrition.com/)

I am going to try a lime flavored cheesecake this weekend.

Here is the DaVinci website: http://www.davincigourmet.com/

Enjoy!

0 comments: