CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sticktoitiveness

Tonight I come with a question that is really bugging me.

Where is our sticktoitiveness?

Why statictically speaking are only 4% of people able to loose weight and keep it off without surgical intervention ?

I read other blogs and forums and discuss weight with many people.

Often I read or hear something like "I did that and it really worked but then I quit".

Just today at my niece's baby shower I was talking with someone who told me she had also had success on Atkins (she had lost 35lbs) but then stopped.

She didn't really seem to know why she stopped it.

She just did.

After talking to me she indicated she may try it again.

Why do we do that? Why do we stop? Why do we forget? Why does it take a talk with a friend to remind us.

How do we find sticktoitiveness?

I don't have the answers here. On this one I am as puzzled as can be.

I myself have lost before (never this much) and gained it all back and then some. Only to repeat the cycle.

Is it self sabotoge?

Is it a secret desire to fail?

Is it we become lazy?

As I have said I am on a path toward weight loss surgery. Whether I do the surgery or not is still in the air but I am working toward it so I am ready.

The only reason I would do the surgery is to help in this battle.

Like the discussion I had with my surgeon.

He told me to loose 10%.

I told him if I could do that without him, why would I need the surgery?

He replied that I needed the surgery to keep it off.

WHY????????

I think if anyone can really crack this nut it would help millions of people.

Again tonight I have so answers.

I only seek knowledge and wisdom to find the key to sticktoitiveness.


1 comments:

Tanya said...

Good luck. You can DEFINATELY lose without surgery! YOU CAN DO IT!