CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Search for low carb recipes

I have been experimenting with some low carb recipes lately and not having much success.

I have tried low carb waffles which looked fantastic and were pretty good but not perfect.  The ones that I cooked to a golden brown were soft and almost soggy textured, the ones I cooked to the crisper side to give a crunch like waffles should have were almost burnt. It may just take practice.




I have tried 2 "cookie" recipes and they are okay but for me, I just can't get over the texture of almond flour/meal.

the only recipe that I do love is the ricotta pancakes that I posted before.   (http://journeytohalfself.blogspot.com/2009/08/some-recipies.html)

I have not yet tried flax seed meal flour.  I will try that next and see if I can handle that flavor.

If I find anything good enough to share I will post it here.

0 comments: