CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Slipery slope

So today ended up being my cheat day.

It wasn't supposed to be. I was trying to save it.

Here is what happened. My husband and I decided to go to an outlet center this afternoon after church. (North Bend WA)

We were doing fine until we went into one of my favorite stores (Le Gourmet Chef)

Anyone who knows me well knows I love to play in the kitchen.

I once spent over an hour in one aisle of Whole Foods. The aisle with all of the oils and other jarred and bottled concoctions.

Anyway; this store not only has gadgets and bake ware. It has a ton of wonderful stuff in jars. And of course they had samples out to try.

May not sound so bad but these items averaged about 5 carbs per serving and that didn't include the pretzels they were serving them with.

Then came the bread dipping aisle. Oh-oh. Can't resist trying that.

One little bite won't hurt.

Don't be fooled, before I knew it I was up over 40 carbs just from a sample here and there.

So, because I had blown it anyway and my last cheat day was about a month ago, I decided to make today my monthly cheat day.

We went out to eat at one of our favorite Italian places and I had the pasta. Smoked salmon ravioli. Mmmmmm soo good.

And then of course the day was gone anyway so I enjoyed the bread and oil they provide and had a limoncello tiramisu for dessert.

But tomorrow is another day and I will be back on track.

0 comments: